Tuesday, July 19, 2016

even if he never answers another prayer

via
So many unanswered prayers.

So many precious lives taken from this earth too soon, despite endless faith and pleas to the heavens.

So many broken hearts left to gather the pieces left behind, to try and move forward without those who always made their hearts beat faster.

In the wake of grief, I ask myself why we pray.  Why, if He doesn't intend to answer?  Why waste breath that is apparently all too rare a commodity?  Why bother hoping for the best when the worst inevitably ravishes everything in the end?

There is no pat answer, only the small notion stirring in me that perhaps prayer isn't about answers at all.  Perhaps God will do what He does or doesn't regardless of our requests.  Perhaps it is only coincidental that some prayers get "answered" and some don't.

But He promises to hear us.  He longs to be with us.  Prayer allows us to draw nearer His heart and find out what really makes Him tick.  The more I uncover of His character, the more I trust it...the more I trust Him...answer or no answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment