Tuesday, April 15, 2014

today wasn't my birthday

Today was another day.  It wasn't my birthday.  I didn't wake up early to rush around the house, collecting last minute items to stuff in a suitcase and drive to the airport at the crack of dawn.  There weren't holiday festivities to look forward to or a wedding to get dressed up for tonight.

It was just another day.

I woke up planning on going to the dentist, but my throat was sore so I rescheduled and slept in instead.  I planned on getting a bunch of odds and ends done between work and band rehearsal, but I wasn't able to do half of what I wanted to.  I'm tired now and should be sleeping since I'm opening at 4:30 tomorrow morning, except I just wanted to say that

THIS IS LIFE.

No matter who you are or where you live or what you're doing, these beautifully mundane days will always creep up on you.  These days are when I find out who I am.  I can make a choice to live like it's the life I dream of living, or else succumb to the disappointment of the dull, tedious moments.

I am reminded that God's ways and thoughts are higher than mine.  His perspective is that these rhythmic days will one day have morphed into something I'll refer to as a "season" that I'll look on with thankfulness and relief.  There are no in-between seasons.  God is always good, always right, and when He's silent, let it be enough to
simply
BE
with
Him.

xo,
jess


1 comment: